With Assassin’s Creed Valhalla launching in just a few weeks, Ubisoft has now detailed the post-launch content that players can expect.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will offer a season pass that consists of two meaty expansions as well as one additional quest that will be available at launch. Much like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, the game will also receive free seasonal content, such as in-game events, new settlement buildings, services and games modes.
The additional quest will be called The Legend of Beowulf. Details are scarce, but it will see players uncovering the truth behind the legend.
Expansion 1 is called The Wrath of Druids, and will take place in Ireland. Players will be tasked with unravelling the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
Expansion 2 will be The Siege of Paris. Players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.
The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass will be available Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gold, Ultimate and Collector Editions. You can also purchase it separately for $59.95 AUD.
Ubisoft has provided greater detail on their plans for seasonal content, which you can see below:
Season 1 will launch in December 2020 with the following content planned:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Season 2 will launch in March 2021 with a new game mode that builds on Valhalla’s core combat experiences, a new Jomsviking update, festivals in the Settlement, new gear and cosmetic items, and more. More information about Season 3 and 4 will come at a later time.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla launches on November 10 for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. It will be available on PlayStation 5 at launch.