The trailer above was featured in a special stream that took place overnight, which detailed the many aspects of the game. It also detailed improvements and changes that the team had made to the long-running series.
The gameplay will look familiar, as it sticks closely to the core elements of the Call of Duty series. Fan-favourite multiplayer modes will make a return, including Team Deathmatch, Search & Destroy, Kill Confirmed, Domination, and more.
New modes include:
- Fireteam: A large-scale multiplayer mode that features four teams of ten players competing against each other. Players will compete in multiple gametypes, although Treyarch hasn’t shared details around these just yet.
- VIP Escort: A 6 vs. 6 mode where a random player on each team is chosen as the target. Your teammates will need to escort you to the safe zone while your opponents hunt you down.
The stream also showed off multiple maps, all of which will be available in multiplayer at launch. They are:
Treyarch also revealed new updates around the game’s create-a-class system. Field Upgrades are no longer an option for a player’s build. Instead, they will now be available as in-game pickups littered around the map. They can hinder the enemy or assist your team.
Loadouts are a new option, allowing players to equip them to their classes to add additional perks, attachments, and much more.
They were leaked last week, but the game’s multiplayer betas have also been detailed. Here’s how it all breaks down:
- Beta Weekend One (Playstation Exclusive):
- PS4 Early Access: 8 – 9 October
- PS4 Open Beta: 10 – 12 October
- Beta Weekend Two (Cross Play):
- PS4, Xbox One, PC Early Access: 15 – 16 October
- PS4, Xbox One, PC Open Beta: 17 – 19 October
If you’re interested in checking out the entire stream, see the video below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will be available on Xbox Series X & S, Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PC on November 13. It will also be available for Playstation 5, although the console’s launch date has not yet been confirmed.