Niantic, the developer of the mobile smash hit Pokémon Go, has announced a slew of changes set to come to the game, some of which are in relation to the temporary bonuses that have been added to accommodate for COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines.
In a new post on the Pokémon Go website, Niantic said the ability to raid remotely, changes to the GO Battle League, and the increased distance at which you can spin Photo Discs at Gyms and PokéStops will remain for the time being, along with the following features:
- The maximum number of Gifts you can carry in your Item Bag at a time will remain at 20.
- You will continue to receive three times the Stardust and XP for your first Pokémon catch of the day.
- Incense duration will remain at 60 minutes.
From Friday, October 2, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. AEST, the following temporary bonuses will change:
- Hatch Distance will return to normal for Eggs.
- The increased effectiveness of Incense will now apply only while walking.
- Your Buddy Pokémon will now bring you Gifts only when you have nearly run out. This will happen only once per day.
- You will still have a higher chance of getting a Gift when you spin a PokéStop. However, you won’t be guaranteed to get a Gift.
The news comes after it was also announced that Pokémon Go would soon become compatible with Pokémon Home.
Pokémon Go is available now for iOS and Android devices.